ORCHID Inspection Window Plugs :
Most effective way of NDT tests & inspection on piping &Equipment in a running plant, is removal of insulation and do the tests. For which Inspection Window arrangement is used commonly, which is fixed on insulated piping / Equipment as per specification to carry out inspection either by visual or any specific tests during plant running condition without disturbing other insulation parts.
What are the standard Sizes of Inspection Plug?
Standard sizes (Diameter in Inch and length in mm) are as follows.
- 1.5 InchDia
- 2.5 InchDia
- 3 InchDia
- 4 Inch Dia
- 5 InchDia
How to select Inspection Plug?
Selection Criteria 1: Service Temperature
- Hot Insulation UP To 1100 Degree Celsius
- Cold Insulation -40 to + 40 Degree Celsius
- Cryogenic Insulation -168 to -40 Degree Celsius
Selection Criteria 2:Application - Piping OR Equipment
The length of insert are same as insulation thickness specified in the thickness chart as follows.
|Plug Size||Recommended for insulation jacket OD.|
|1.5 Inch (38mm)||Below 6 “ Dia.|
|2.5 Inch (64mm)||6” to 9” Dia.|
|3.0 Inch (76mm)||9” and above Dia pipe and all equipment.|
|5.0 Inch (127mm)||Vessels and special equipment.|
- Easy & Simple installations.
- High durability and suitable for extreme whether conditions.
- Easy access for the routine inspection, UT & Visual inspections due to plug & fixed lanyard arrangements.
- The Lanyard secures the Plug while inspection / working at height.
- Silicone based rubber compound ensures the UV / weather resistance.
- Strap on the insulation insert ensures easy removal of insulation insert.
- Provides consistency on inspection points.
- Water, UV, weather resistant plug will have long service life.
- Suitable for piping & Equipment Hot & Cold insulation.
- O-ring provides airtight security & protection to the insulation insert.